We had already discussed various parameters of CSC. Various services provided by CSC and many more. Today we are going to know about Infrastructure Required for CSC Registration there is a lot of confusion surrounding the Common Service Scheme or CSC. What does it do? Will opening a CSC center benefit us in any way? In this article we are going to discuss all these points and delve knowledge of what the CSC is all about.
The Common Service Scheme has been launched as part of the “good governance” paradigm. It is an online-based program which is developed by the Ministry of Communications, Department of Electronics And and IT, Government of India.
The aim of the CSC scheme is to deliver different types of electronic services and other services vocational to villages and remote locations in India, thereby contributing to a digitally and financially inclusive society.
Apart from the eligibility criteria of a VLE, there are also some key features that are required for opening a CSC center, we can say these are Infrastructure eligibility criteria Required for CSC Registration.
Now lets come to the main point and discuss the Infrastructure Required for CSC Registration. we are also covering Person’s eligibility Criteria for quick knowledge.
Eligibility Criteria for participation in CSC is as below
- A desirous person should be a local person.
- Age- The person should be of a minimum of 18 years old.
- Qualification- Person should have passed the Matriculation Level Examination (10th class ) or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Other Requirements- A person should have fluency in reading and writing the local language.
- Should have the basic knowledge of English Language and Computer Skills.
Infrastructure Required for Starting a CSC Center
- Room/Building/shop having a place of 100-150 Sq. ft. so that there can 4-5 people can wait at any instant of time
- CSC should be at Public place with safety and convenience.
- Personal computer with UPS that can have a minimum of 5 hours battery back-up or portable generator set. So that in CSC center can work in a power cut situation.
- Personal computer with a licensed Operating System of Windows XP-SP2 or above. Like windows 7,8, 8.1, or windows 10.
- Printer/ Color Printer, for taking printout of important documents and photocopy for the comfort of citizens.
- RAM of PC having a minimum storage capacity of 512 MB so that VLE can run 2-3 programs at the same time for fast processing.
- Hard Disc Drive of personal computers should be at least 120 GB. It is to store important data.
- Digital Camera/ Webcam
- Scanner, it is for uploading by scanning the documents.
- Wired/ Wireless/V-SAT Connectivity, connection with at least 128 kbps speed for browsing & data uploading over the internet.
- Biometric/IRIS Authentication Scanner for Banking Services.
- CD/DVD Drive
- 4 Chair & 1 Table (office table) – for proper setup of CSC.
- The availability of VLE is from 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM.
Total Estimated Cost per CSC will be 1 lacs to 1.50 Lacs (Except Land & Building)
- Minimum Working Hours for CSC
- All Days = 9 Hours (Mandatory)
- On all Sundays and Public Holidays = 4 Hours (Mandatory)
- In One Year = 300 Days (Mandatory)
In the end, we hope that You Understood Every eligibility criteria Required for CSC Registration.