Today we are going to discuss frequently asked questions (FAQ) related to CSC. Before the discussion of the FAQ we will give you a short introduction of CSC people who do not know about CSC, Those people should try to understand that it’s a type of company working in the whole of India, which works to deliver Digital Services to every corner of the country especially in a rural area.
The main objective of CSC is to open a CSC center in every gram panchayat in all rural areas of the country where all types of government and non-government services can be provided to the people of that rural area who have no proper access of internet through CSC Digital.
We had already discussed about how to open CSC centers, services provided by CSC centers, And how to become a VLE (Village Level Entrepreneurs). Now we will discuss (FAQ) related to CSC.
What is CSC?
CSC stands for Common Service Centre. The main objective of CSC is to open a CSC center in every gram panchayat in all rural areas of the country where all types of government and non-government services can be provided to the people of that rural area who have no proper access of internet through CSC Digital. CSCs are managed by the VLE.
Who is VLE?
VLE stands for Village Level Entrepreneur. A VLE is the person who works at the village level and delivers all the government and private services to citizens of rural areas through the CSC.
How CSC works?
CSC is making an easy way to connect the local population of India with the Government’s departments, insurance companies, banks, and various private sector services using IT-Enabled network.
What are the minimum requirements to become a VLE?
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant must be over 18 years of age.
- The applicant should have an Aadhar card, PAN card bank passbook, or cancellation check.
- The applicant must have a shop of his or her own.
- Applicants must have a computer, a printer and Internet access.
Is there any fee for online CSC registration?
CSC registration is absolutely free of cost. There is no fee for registration as a VLE for CSC.
What is the CSC Centre?
CSC Centre is a place it can be a shop or office that would be the place where the VLE would operate his activities and provide services to citizens.
What are the documents are required while registration to become VLE?
- Pan Card Copy.
- Photos of CSC Centre (Inside and Outside).
- Canceled cheque copy.
What all are the System requirements/devices for registering on CSC?
- A computer with at least 120 GB Hard Disc Drive and 512 MB RAM with CD/DVD Drive.
- It should License Windows XP-SP2 or above operating system.
- Printer/ Colour Printer.
- Webcam/digital camera for taking photographs.
- Internet connection with at least 128 kbps speed for browsing & data uploading over the internet.
Is there any training needed to become a VLE?
No, there is training that is required to be a VLE. You can become VLE if you fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria.
What are the responsibilities of a VLE?
- CSC should be a Public place with safety and convenience.
- Availability of VLE for people from 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM.
- To deliver all services smoothly to the citizen as available on Digital Seva Portal.
What is an application number?
An application number is a unique number that is generated after the successful CSC registration. You can track the status of your registration by this unique number.
What if my application is rejected, can I apply again?
Yes, you can re-apply for CSC.
How VLEs can register complaints?
In case VLEs have any kind of issue regarding CSC, they can register complaints through Digital Seva Portal i.e. www.digitalseva.csc.gov.in.
Do we need to re-register for CSC every year?
Yes, it is mandatory to re-register each year. The process of re-registration is very short and quite easy.